Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lash glue, life threatening?

Although I would hate to be the one to bring bad news to the table, in this case I love it! To some it may be considered 'bad' news, because this is a product you may not be able to live without. To others it may be considered more like 'Thank God' news- thank God, this was brought to your attention!

Ok ladies, we all know we love to have full, and think lashes, but at what cost? Threatening your life for lashes that touch your brows isn't a smart idea.

There once was a time where I wore fake lashes almost every day! If it wasn't for the lash glue causing minor, FIXABLE (Thank God) damage to my eye, I may have still been poising myself with that glue today. This post is not about the damage that lash glue did to my eye, it is about a serious health risk involved with long time lash glue exposure.

For those of you who have used lash glue before, you know that the second you put that stuff near your eye it causing an uncomfortable feeling. Hmm I wonder why? Let's see..





I pulled up the most popular lash glue, 'Duo' on EWG's Skin Deep website. Skin Deep is a data base run by the Environmental Working Group. EWG is a non profit organization who's mission statement i"to use the power of public information to protect public health and the environment." You can enter any chemical or product on their website and see the rankings. 1 is best 10 is worst.

Overall harm- Moderate
Cancer- HIGH
Developmental and reproductive toxicity- Low
Allergies and Immunotoxicity- Above moderate
Use restrictions- Moderate 

The biggest ingredient in the glue is formaldehyde, go figure. This is highly toxic and acts as a preservative. Skin Deep rates formaldehyde as a 10.


I don't know about you, but when I see a product that may possibly cause cancer, even tho I may not be using it a lot, or in large quantities, I am not going to continue to use that product period.

So what are the alternatives? Ardell and Revlon make lash glues that are both rated at a 3. They do however include ingredients that are rated pretty high. For me, no glue is worth the risk-A few years ago I decided to give up lashes and glue all together, learn about my alternative here.

Has anyone had a bad experience with lash glue? Tell me about it below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...