Ads 468x60px

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Target...The new Steve Madden, Macy's & Victoria's Secret???

So last night I went to Target with my dad and my sister Julianna. My little sis LOVES Target, and I totally see why! I go to Target here and there for things, but it's never been one of my 'go to' stores.

I started noticing a while ago that Target does have nice clothes, and always has great bathing suites. In fact one of the brands Target carries is 'Mossimo.' A few years ago in one of my fashion classes I learned that the brand Mossimo is made by an Italian designer named Mossimo Giannulli. 'Mossimo' is one of his lower end lines that happened to be carried by Target.

To put it simple- Toyata and Lexus are both owned by Toyota. Lexus is a higher tier 'brand' if you will, and Toyota is something everyone can afford. It's the same thing with the brand 'Mossimo' for Target. Mossimo Giannulli is a high end designer who just happens to also have a line that everyone can afford, his is not named Toyota, it is named Mossimo.

Most designers have lower end lines that can reach everyone rather than just one target market. Designers actually make most of their profit off of their low end lines.

You may be surprised at that, but when you think about it, expensive designer dresses for example (I'm talking about award show worthy dresses) can only reach one target market. How often does a celebrity need a gown fit for an award show? Even if they purchase a few gowns a year, that cost still does not outweigh the costs of  everyday people shopping their lower end brand every season.

Okay so now that you've learned something interesting I'm excited to show you brand duplicates I found at Target!

I'm sure we are all familiar with the Bombshell bra made by Victora's secret. Even if you are a guy you are familiar with this bra. It's that AMAZING, life saving bra that adds TWO CUP SIZES!! Girls look at this bra as a miracle while guys look at is as a huge tease. Either way I know you are familiar with THAT bra.

The Bombshell can range from $50 to $72. Well ladies, if Victoria's Secret didn't already make your dreams come true, I just did...



I found this Bombshell duplicate at Target for only $19.99! Can I tell you I have the same EXACT one made by VS and I know I paid more way more than double the price!

Now moving on to shoes..

This gorgeous Steve Madden platform wedge goes for $99.00

I found this pair at Target for only $29.99 and its IDENTICAL


Steve Madden


Target

Mia Britannia can be bought at Macy's for $59.00

Target $19.99
Mia Bedazzle $59.00


Target $19.99


When it comes to boots, flats, and wedges, finding other brands at a lower cost is totally fine. One thing I will not risk is heels. I had a bad experience with a pair of heels I bought in high school from Joyce Leslie. The heel broke off when I was at a conference!! After that I NEVER bought shoes that weren't a top brand again.


Save yourself some money and look elsewhere before committing to buying high priced accessories!


xoxoxoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...