Ads 468x60px

Friday, May 10, 2013

Superfood Dinner!

Hi everyone!

I know it's been months since I blogged. I miss blogging a lot, but I'm waiting until my website is complete to continue, except for this post. I made a delicious dinner last night that I just needed to share with you! I wanted to make something different so I got creative....

Veggies over brown rice with an Agave, coconut butter, garlic, and ginger glaze

I don't really measure anything out but I tried to estimate for everyone. This makes about two plates.

Ingredients:
5 carrots
Head of fresh broccoli
6 pearl onions (or regular onions minced, I just like pearl onions)
6 garlic cloves
fresh ginger (cut about 10 slices off the root then mince)
Sesame Oil
Coconut Butter
Agave Nectar
Sea salt
Pepper
Grain of your choice, I used brown rice
Protein of your choice, I used chicken for my boyfriend, and cannelloni beans for myself

Pre heat oven to 425 degrees
Glaze- 2 tbsp coconut butter melted, 2 tbsp Agave, salt, pepper, mix together
Prep veggies- wash chop, peel, mince
I steamed the broccoli then baked the carrots & pearl onions in the glaze
(you can bake broccoli in the glaze if you prefer)
Pour glaze over chopped carrots & pearl onions, bake for 20 minutes


Saute garlic and ginger in sesame oil for a few minutes. I used a good amount of sesame oil so I can pour the rest over the veggies
Garlic, ginger, sesame oil


When carrots and onions are done add them to the steamed broccoli, pour any excess glaze over the broccoli and carrots, then add the ginger, garlic and sesame oil mix. Stir to combine all of the flavors then serve over the grain & protein of your choice.

If you would like to add chicken which is what I did for my boyfriend- I coated the chicken in garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and a bit of ground ginger.


I love this dinner! It's filled with superfoods, it's healthy, and can satisfy both a plant based eater or a meat eater! The carrots would also make a great side dish for any meal.

Buon Appetito!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...