Ads 468x60px

Friday, January 11, 2013

Do You Know What's in Your Cooking Spray?

Brace yourself.. You may be as shocked as I was when I came across this months ago...




If you did read my Say No to GMO's post you already know that canola, corn, and soy are the biggest genetically modified foods around and how they are threatening to our bodies. For those of you who haven't yet click here. This "cooking spray" is GMO haven! Aside from the canola, corn, and soy, how about Petroleum!? I don't even put products with petroleum (vaseline, lotions) ON my skin let alone IN my body! Petroleum should be in one place and one place only.. in our cars. How about Propane? Last time I checked my body wasn't a grill!

So needless to say after I came across this, traditional cooking spray was on my 'do not consume' list. I then turned to putting olive oil in a spray bottle but that didn't work well. So I ended up just drizzling olive oil over everything. Olive oil on baking sheets, olive oil in pans, and more! I was wasting a lot of olive oil this way. Up until yesterday this was just how I did it, but then I found...

Trader Joe's Italian Olive Oil spray

Even though this is Trader Joe's brand, a brand I REALLY trust, I still didn't know if I could trust it just because of the fact that it is cooking spray. So I got on my handy dandy Fooducate app on my Iphone and scanned the barcode. Here's what I found :)


compared to..



Looks like I found a winner!! I was SO happy, hope you will be too!

1 comment:

  1. Lea, did you notice that one of the ingredients in that Traders Joe's Olive Oil spray is Petroleum?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...