Ads 468x60px

Monday, October 22, 2012

My first Miss NJ USA experience and glam routine


Hey everyone!

I know it's been a little while since I posted. I was so busy getting ready for the 2013 Miss New Jersey USA pageant. Now that it is over, I am all yours! I am so excited to share with you my experience and my glam routine.

This was my first pageant experience and even though I did not make it into the semifinals I loved it! Not everyone has it in their cards to take the crown on their first attempt at a pageant like the beautiful Olivia Culpo. Some girls participate in pageants year after year and do not finish on top, while some get it on their first try. I am a firm believer of what is meant to be will be.

I am so new to the pageant world. I have never done anything like this before. To be honest, I have never even watched a Miss USA pageant. So was this random? Yes, but when I received a letter in the mail I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. I mean why not give it a try?

I am SO happy I did this, in fact I can’t believe I waited this long to get involved in pageants.  It was a great experience; all of the girls were SO nice. I did not meet one catty or stuck up girl there, and I was surprised at that! It was also very inspiring.

I am going to be honest I had no idea what I was doing! I can’t even walk in heels because of the foot surgery I got a few months ago. I was the only girl who didn’t have fabulous sky-high heels on (I MISS THAT SO MUCH.) I had to wear wedges because they are the only things close to a heel that I can walk in right now. Thank God you couldn’t see them under my dress!

I can’t walk in heels let alone DANCE in heels, so for the fantastic opening number I made sure I was in the way back. SO NOT LIKE ME, but I’d rather be hidden, and take it easy than risk busting my face in front of everyone because of a bad foot.

I did not even buy a new dress! Also SO not like me! I was really taking the simple approach to this whole thing and doing it for the experience and the fun.

I also did my own hair and makeup. I love doing makeup so mine looked just as good as the girls who got theirs done by the stylists provided by the pageant staff. Hair, that’s another story! I am horrible at doing hair and everyone’s looked better than mine. I didn’t care though, I felt beautiful and amazing!

Now that I have seen what it’s all about I am SO ready for next year! I am definitely competing again. I look at it as if I don’t compete next year, then this year would have been a waste of time. I now have somewhat of a clue as to what I am doing and what it takes. I can assure you, I am GOING AFTER THAT CROWN NEXT YEAR!

So here are some pictures and what I did in the beauty department to get pageant ready! If you are heading out for a big event such as a pageant, a recital, a photo shoot or whatever it may be, I hope that this glam routine could be as of some use to you.

I started off my preparation by getting a tanning package. I do not tan in beds year round, only when I have an event such as this. I also did a spray tan right before the pageant. My Aunt and Uncle own a tanning salon in Forked River named Rarotonga Tanning Paradise, so my Aunt Devon did the honors of spray tanning me!

This was my first time getting an airbrush tan done and can I tell you I LOVED IT! It looked absolutely perfect, no streaks, no orange color, it looked SO natural.

Fantasy Tan is the system my Aunt uses.
This is also what the Dancing with the Stars cast uses!

Getting ready for my spray tan right in my Aunts kitchen!


I also visited European wax center for my usual waxing routine which was certainly a must before the pageant. I got my eyebrows, underarms, brazilian, and legs done. I don't usually do my legs because waxing gets expensive but before an event like this, or a vacation its a must!

I did my nails and toes myself. I would usually get a pedicure but I am still weary of getting one because of my surgery, my foot is still sensitive. I decided to do my nails myself as well because of the color I chose. I decided to go with a pale pink color and I didn't want it on my nails longer than pageant weekend considering its not a fall color.

As I mentioned I did my makeup myself...

To prep my face for makeup I cleansed, toned and moisturized as I usually would. To check out this routine click here

I then followed up with a combination of my favorite primers

The first primer I use only on my cheeks because this is where I have large pores
To reduce the appearance of pores I use Givenchy Mister MAT Primer.
I only used this on the targeted area because it is a bit pricy- $33 at Sephora.

For my second primer I use Smashbox Photo Finish foundation primer
This is a great primer for any skin type.



On my face I used my Temptu airbrush system for a flawless look. Foundation, blush, and bronzer were all done in airbrush.

On my eyes I used..

MAC Vanilla on my brow bone to highlight
MAC Twinks on the lid
MAC Kid to blend in the crease
MAC Carbon in the outer crease

In my upper water line I used Makeup Forever Aqua cream eyeliner
Adding eyeliner to the upper waterline makes lashes look fuller

In my lower water line I used Stila Kajal eye liner in Topaz
Adding eye liner in this color to the lower water line makes eyes pop
and also gives the illusion of bigger eyes

I put on some fake lashes: Ardell Demi's

I also used my Givenchy mascara and Urban Decay primer
I talked about in my recent makeup haul post which can be seen here


Here is a picture of me while dong my makeup.
Eyes were complete at this point

My finished look. Don't my lips look a lot more full than
they did in the last picture? Click learn how to make your lips
look more full without fillers click here

Back of my hair
Does anyone have a tattoo they need to cover up for a special event? I did that too! I have an 'L' on the right side of my back that I covered up for the pageant...


To do this I used Kat Von D Tattoo eraser. This pencil was AWESOME. The trick is to color correct, so this cancels out the tattoo color. I then used MAC foundation on top of it, and MAC bronzer on top of that.


So there you have it! That was my makeup routine done by yours truly.

This is one of my FAVORITE dresses.

Now let's talk pageant perks!

We got a bag filled with goodies! Inside there was a coupon for
20% off Chinese Laundry heels. Can't wait to order mine!
Also Inside..

Goodies from Beach Bum! Some lotions and coupons

Official Miss USA garment bag

and lastly, a crown pin
More pageant pics

Arielle Corrubia and me

My stepdad and me


Before I leave you all I want to say Congratulations to Libell Duran! Libell was the first runner up last year in the Miss New Jersey USA pageant, and last night she earned the title of Miss New Jersey USA 2013! She totally deserved it!


xoxoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...