Ads 468x60px

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Drink more water, stay healthy and SKINNY.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4095856/?claim=mq3a86dmkcr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Skin care and health are two things that are extremely important to me, and water is what keeps both my skin and health in check! Many people underestimate the importance of water, I did at one point as well!

A few years ago I was getting help with my skin, a dermatologist pinched the skin on the top of my hand and told me I was dehydrated. She was right! I pinched the skin on my hand as well and it didn't bounce right back. It didn't feel fresh and moisturized. The dermatologist then told me, if your pee is anything but clear you are not hydrated. It was from that point on that I began making water a part of my every day routine. In fact I even have it written in my planner when its time to drink water! Call it crazy but I am super organized, I have everything in my planner from the time I wake up, to the time I go to bed, but that will be for another post. Let's get talking about water!

The first thing I do when I wake up is go down to the kitchen and fill up two separate glasses with 8 ounces of water in each. Once glass is water with lemon and the other is coconut water. I am so particular I even measure it out with a measuring cup!!!

Benefits of drinking water with lemon:
  • Boosts immune system & clears skin: Lemons are high in vitamin C which are great for the immune system and also for fighting wrinkles and blemishes.
  • Helps weight loss: Lemons help fight hunger cravings because they are high in pectin fiber
  • Helps to cleanse your system, aid digestion, and helps dissolve poisons in the liver
I should also mention that when drinking lemon water you want to use REAL lemons. Bottled lemon juice will not aid in health because it is pasteurized. Fresh lemons work best.

Tip when buying lemons: the heavier the better!!

Benefits of drinking coconut water:
  • It is SO hydrating. Coconut water is PACKED with electrolytes. Great for drinking after working out.
  • Can lower cholesterol levels. Especially the "bad" LDL cholesterol levels.
  • Natural diuretic 
I ALWAYS stock up! I go through one of these every 2 days
One glass in the morning, one after my workout, one at night


I always choose to drink water right when I wake up because it gets the metabolism going. It helps my body feel refreshed and it holds me over until I am ready to eat breakfast. I choose to eat breakfast when I am done getting ready. Here are some other benefits of drinking water in the morning...


Before I leave the house every morning I have already consumed 3 glasses of water. The third glass is consumed while taking my vitamins with breakfast.

Other important times to drink water:

  • When drinking caffeine and alcohol. Both will dehydrate the body, so I am sure to drink a glass of water with every coffee, every tea high in caffeine, and with every glass of wine I consume.
  • When consuming foods high in sodium. Hopefully we are all keeping sodium levels down, but drinking water helps to flush sodium out of the system.
  • When you are hungry. Actually I should say, when you THINK you are hungry. Sometimes we mistake the "hungry" feeling for well, hunger. Actually our body tends to give off the same feeling for thirst. Don't confuse thirst with hunger. When feeling hungry, first drink a glass of water. If the hunger feeling persists then yes, you really are hungry.
  • Before a meal. Drinking at least between 8 and 16 ounces of water before a meal will help your body feel full.



Happy Sunday! xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...