Ads 468x60px

Monday, February 25, 2013

New non toxic beauty buys!

I am SO excited to share something with you..

I am going to be doing a series on non toxic beauty buys! This will be my first post of the series so I hope you enjoy it :)

Quick introduction..

I've been wearing makeup for over 10 years now and I've only recently realized how toxic some of my beauty products are. I never knew that the products I was using contained toxic chemicals that lead to a number of health concerns.

This topic was first brought to my attention a few months ago. I first started to eliminate toxic cleaning products from my home (If you are interested in that click here.) After I was done with that I decided to focus on my beauty routine. I came across a few articles on specific chemicals to look out for in products, so I decided to check out some of my products to see if they contained any of the toxins, and let me tell you I was shocked! Every single one of the products I used had at least two toxic chemicals.

Chemicals that lead to cancer, Alzheimer's, nervous system disorders, fertility issues, liver and kidney damage and MUCH MUCH more. I was so horrified that I didn't even want to go a second longer using products like these. Of course it isn't easy just to replace every single product overnight. It takes a lot of research to find better options, and of course it costs money. Some of my products were brand new! Thankfully I've done all the research, and I've even come up with a plan for you to replace some of your products without spending a penny, so all the hard work is already done for you.

I wanted to start off this series with a post that talks about the specific steps to start identifying the toxins in your products, and how to start replacing your products, but I am SO excited about my non toxic beauty buys from yesterday that I have to share them right away!! Tomorrow's post will be about identifying and eliminating without spending any 'new' money. Check out what I picked up yesterday at Sephora..


tarte josie maran argan oil mascara face lotion primer

Tarte, and Josie Maran are both cosmetic lines that do not contain ANY toxic chemicals.

Josie Maran
Tarte
Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer

Josie Maran focuses on using Argan Oil as a main ingredient. 

Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil
How cool is that box?!
I am using this to replace my night time serum


Tarte foundation primer
What I love about this primer is its also working for my skin. Look at the vitamins it contains!
Tarte Volumizing mascara

According to Tarte's website this 4-in-1 product is..
"A lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning mascara infused with olive esters to condition, treat, and protect lashes."

I am not kidding after using this mascara my lashes have never looked better!! Not only when I have mascara on but when I am not wearing any as well! After using this and washing it off my lashes still looked curled.


Have you guys tried any of these products? What are your favorite non toxic beauty buys? Share below, and stay tuned for tomorrow's post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...