Ads 468x60px

Monday, February 11, 2013

Stuck inside? Pamper yourself!

Considering our recent weather patters, I figured its time for a post on some quick and simple pampering ideas for when you're stuck inside!

Being stuck inside could be a nightmare for most, but it's actually the perfect time to give your body a break, and pamper yourself!

If you are extremely busy like me, your body needs those days where you just don't do ANYTHING. Also, your skin needs those days too. A day where you don't wear ANY makeup could work wonders for your skin!

Before I go into some DIY (do it yourself) pampering techniques...

Have you been waiting for ever to get a facial? Professional facials are amazing but depending on your skin type, and the type of facial, they can sometimes leave skin red or irritated for a little while after. If you are a super busy person, facials may totally be out of the question for you. I am talking more like the heavy duty type of facials such as a chemical peel or microdermabrasion.

If you know a big storm is coming that may cause you to be locked up inside for a few days, call your spa! Book an appointment for some professional pampering that requires some down time!

If you don't need something that extreme done, the DIY option that will consume time is always there!

Let's talk from head to toe....

Hair

If you are going to be stuck inside, give your hair a break! Literally do not do anything to your hair besides nutrition treatments. Don't use heat styling, even take this opportunity to go greasy! Washing hair constantly actually strips hair of its natural oils which it needs.

Take this time to give your hair the treatment it needs! If you have extreme damage click here to check out some steps to take care of it.

Face
Curl up, and stay warm with Skin Detox tea.
My friend Chrissy introduced me to this tea, she LOVES it

My favorite part of staying inside is allowing my skin to BREATH. I love not wearing makeup just as much as I love wearing it! Let's face it, the only good makeup does for our skin is in the looks department. It is actually very damaging, from clogged pores, to breakouts, to long term damage.

Take this time to go bare! Let your skin breath, and treat it to some nutrition.

If you wear makeup on a regular basis I would suggest using a mask that is going to unclog the pores and deep clean. If your skin needs help in another way, there are many different kinds of masks you can buy from many different places.




Body




I LOVE baths. I have the opportunity to take baths a few nights every week. If baths don't fit into your busy schedule on a regular basis, and if the storm allows, soak your skin in a bath.

There are SO many different types of baths you can take. My favorite right now is a milk bath. I go this idea from one of my favorite bloggers Jen Stano. Click here to learn about why milk is good for the skin.



Feet

Feet may need the most care, especially if you are constantly in high heels, or on the go, or both like me! I'm always on my feet so if I don't pay extra attention to my heels, they'll get very dry. A while ago I got an idea from Khloe Kardashian, she puts Vaseline in socks and then puts the socks on for about an hour. I did not use Vaseline because its filled with harmful chemicals, I did this with the lotion I had on hand at the time and it worked like a charm!

I would suggest using mela


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...