Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Carbs? Bring em' on!

swanson ultimate carb complex c-120xLets face it- we can't eliminate carbs from our diet. It isn't healthy nor is it safe. It is although a good idea to eliminate carbs from starch, white bread, white rice, etc. I try to avoid these types of carbs at all cost but its not always possible. 90% of the time I am very strict with my diet, the other 10% of the time I like to indulge. I love pizza, I love snacking, and I am NOT going to eliminate such foods (GMO free of cours). When I do feel like having a slice of pizza, or that delicious white bread at a restaurant, I just grab my carb blocker!

White kidney bean extract is known to block the absorption of starchy carbs. I've tried a few different brands but Swanson is the one I like best. I like it because it tells you exactly how many grams of carbs are being blocked, others do not. One tiny 2 milligram tablet blocks 75 milligrams of carbs. Lets to some math...

1 gram of carbohydrates = 4 calories.  If you eat a snack that has 210 calories, and 24 grams of carbs, that means that 96 of those calories comes from carbs. Taking the carb blocker would mean the snack technically only has 114 calories. I just love it!

swanson ultimate carb complex c-120xWhite Kidney bean extract is safe, but it is not something that will help you lose weight. I do not recommend going carb crazy just because you have a carb blocker. I still limit my 'white' carbs to at most twice a week if that.

White Kidney bean extract is great for:

White rice
Pasta
white bread
Potatoes
Cereal
Cookies/chips
Popcorn
Bagels

As much as I love White Kidney Bean Extract, I don't use it for everything. As I mentioned it isn't safe to not have carbs in your diet. Our bodies need grains, here are a few foods I eat to get my "good carbs," and with these foods I do not use White Kidney Bean extract...

A few foods on my 'good' carbs list:

Sweet potatoes
Quinoa
Rolled Oats and bread that contains, REAL whole grains, barley, and millet

I have been using this supplement for about a year now and I can tell that it works for me. I order this specific brand on Amazon for about $20.

Have you tried a carb blocker before? Do you have a brand that you prefer? Share below!

PS... I am having a problem with being able to respond to comments on my posts. I am trying to figure out what's going on, so if I don't respond right away I promise I will as soon as I can!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...