Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Look of the Day! Shopping on a budget

This Fall I am on a very strict budget. I am barely spending on new clothes. So I decided to do a post on shopping on a budget. Here is Today's look and tips on budget shopping!

I love blazers and big necklaces!



 My biggest tip for shopping on a budget is...

STOCK UP ON BASICS! I love basics. Most of my wardrobe consists of basics.

What are basics? Tank tops, short sleeve shirts, long sleeve shirts, and leggins. These are the pieces I build my looks off of. I buy the same shirt often times in multiple colors. I'll even buy two of the same color shirt specifically black tanks and black leggins.

I usually don't go above $5 on my basic items. My favorite stores for basics are Forever 21 and H&M.

A bit blurry
I am so bad at mirror pics
The stretchy black pants I am wearing are from Forever 21 $5 from two seasons ago, and the black tank I am wearing is from H$M $5 from last year.

The blazer I am wearing is also from H&M. I got this about 2 years ago. This is what I would consider a staple item in my wardrobe. It cost around $45.00 from what I can remember.

I love buying a ton of basics and a few staple pieces because they are able to be worn season after season, year after year.













The only new item I am wearing today is my necklace!

Forever 21- Under $10

After stocking up on all my basics and a few staples, I actually spend the most money each season on accessories.

I build my wardrobe on accessories and basics. It's the best when shopping on a budget! Accessories make the outfit, and often times I have my basics from the year before so I don't even need to buy more!

My favorite stores for accessories are Forever 21, H&M, and sometimes Charlotte Russe. I love these stores because they are inexpensive.



My staple pieces usually consist of blazers, a good watch such as my MK watch shown above, and shirts that either have embroidery, or designs on them. Basically to put it simply- anything that cost more than $10 and isn't a simple shirt you can buy in multiple colors, thats a staple. Staples also change from season to season. These are the pieces that are trendy, and cost a bit more. This is why I don't go crazy with staples, a few per season is perfect.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...