Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hi my loves!

I've missed you all. I hope you feel the same hehe.

It's been WAY too long since I've posted. December is such a busy month for me, I'm sure it is for all of you as well.

I am in LOVE with 2013 all ready! I don't know what it is but I KNOW this is going to be an amazing year for many people. There is just something about this year, I can feel it.

Being that this is my FIRST post of 2013, I had two things in mind... making this post GREAT was one, and the other was to help you get your year kicked off right! So let's begin :)

Getting your year kicked off right starts with two things:

1. The right mindset
2. Clear defined goals

Notice I write GOALS. No resolutions here!! I don't like the term 'resolution' because most people seam so negative when they talk about resolutions. Therefore  I associate a resolution with something someone wants to STOP doing. Why stop doing it? Because its obviously bad, and I don't want any talk of badness surrounding me. Now this may just be me, but either way there will be no talk of resolutions here.

Rather I love goals. The word goal much more positive, and inviting, and encouraging.

First lets talk about mindset. If you don't have the right mindset goals do not matter. Bottom line is- goals are challenging and negative people don't mix well with challenges.

Over the past few years I've learned to program my mind to pretty much always be positive. Honestly, it may sound insane to some, but I've learned how to control my thoughts and respond in a positive way to almost everything.

Here are some tips on having the right mindset:

1. Think and you become. When it comes to goals, believe you have already accomplished them. The more you tell yourself you are or  you have something, the more your mind starts to believe, and the closer you get to becoming. The book The Secret talks a lot about this, and is a great beginner book if you are looking to learn more.

2. Start reciting affirmations daily. This is the best way to have the mindset I talked about above. Write down everything you want for yourself and recite it out loud daily as if you already have it. It may be something you know you currently are not, but in the same sense something you'd like to become. I love affirmations, and I've started to write mine down again and recite them daily to myself.

Example:

I am....
Happy
Healthy
Selfless
Becoming a well known blogger

3. Be open to attracting greatness. Every morning when I'm driving I say out loud, "I am open to the great things the universe brings me today." I even get specific by saying out loud "I allow the universe to bring me............" Usually this coincides with my affirmations and my goals.

4. Stay positive! Always think positive. When something goes wrong instead of focusing on how horrible it is, think of what it taught you and how it was MEANT to happen.

5. Get a journal! Affirmations and goals need to be written somewhere duh! I bring my journal everywhere with me so I can look at it whenever I want.

6. Close your eyes and imagine. Literally imagine your affirmations coming to life. I've been focusing on being more inviting. Sometimes I can be very kept to myself- for the past few days I've included in my affirmations "I am inviting." I imagined situations where people gravitated towards me, whether it was in a work setting or social setting. Since I started this I've noticed a difference especially in the office!

Again THINK and you become. Talk to yourself right, encourage yourself. Be your biggest supporter. Just start by telling yourself it is going to be a great day!

Goals.

1. Write them all down in your journal.

2. Put them into categories. For example I have personal goals, professional goals, health and fitness goals, relationship goals, and more. I also have long term and short term goals.

3. Put a deadline on them. Know when you want to achieve them by. I've actually been focusing on a few goals a month in each category. Specifically focusing on something new each week.

4. Look at them everyday!

5. Tell everyone- this will help keep you accountable.

6. Pre set your mind- know it will be hard. Know things will go wrong, but pre determine how you are going to act when things go off course. You could even write down an action plan of how to act when things go wrong.

Some goals I am excited about in 2013:

-Health and fitness goals-  I've signed up for yoga classes thanks to my boyfriend for getting me my first month membership for Christmas. I've also had a goal to add something new into my diet each week. I actually started this in december. So far I've been eating Avocados almost every day, cucumbers every day, and still working on getting broccoli into my diet on a daily basis.

-Personal goals- Becoming my 'ideal' person. I have a list of characteristics such as being selfless and I have been focusing on giving daily to others.

-Career goals- TBA! I am saving this for an exciting announcement I guess you could say. Either way I am really focused on adding a new aspect to my styling and blogging and I know deep down inside this is what I am meant to do. I will be focusing on this a lot in 2013 and will share as soon as I feel the time is right!

-Blog goals- Along with what I'm adding to my career I am also refocusing my blog. It will include all of the same information plus more.

If you haven't thought of your 2013 goals yet it isn't too late! We are 8 days into the New Year, that means you have 357 more days to be focusing on the goals you create TODAY. Go for it!


Love you all !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...