Ads 468x60px

Monday, September 24, 2012

It's Monday..BE HAPPY!

It's Monday, the start of another week! How amazing is that?! Another monday, another DAY, another week to live and LOVE the life you were given.

I was inspired by someone who has been reading my blog to do a post on positivity- Thank you again for all of your kind words! I am thrilled that people are loving my blog, I've gotten so much positive feedback and it makes me so happy.

Positivity is something I have been learning and practicing for a few years now. Most of this stuff I did not make up on my own. Basically this is a bunch of my own thoughts put together by skills I have learned from books, role models, and other positive people around me. With that being said I want to thank my boyfriend Mike. Everything I know on positivity started with what he taught me. I am very thankful and blessed to have a person of such great influence in my life! Thank you for all that you do for me, and others. <3

Lets get started...

It is ironic that I am posting this on a MONDAY. Oh my GAWD that dreaded day! Monday... it's so scary, and so bad, and its the start of a another dreaded week. <-----YUCK!!!!!! Who wants to think like that!?!

I can't stand seeing those pathetic Facebook updates about Mondays. IT'S A DAY! It's no different than Tuesday, or Wednesday and so on...

The fact is, it's human nature to be negative. Another great fact is YOU have the ability to control that and change it! Why live life with a negative outlook when you can CHOOSE to be positive?

It all starts with a simple decision. I CHOOSE to be happy on a daily basis. I've learned to love, and appreciate rather than dislike and complain. When I don't like something I find a way to like it. I find a way to see the good in it.

Did you know you can condition your brain to think the way you want it to think!? Sounds crazy..

Something bad happens the brain automatically thinks something negative (again this is human nature)
Something bad happens- before your brain can even think something negative insert something positive

Example: You get a flat tire. Before your brain can even begin to think of how horrible this is (it's really not- reality is YOU GOT A FLAT. It's not the end of the world!) think of why this is great. Hey maybe its great because you now get to miss a few minutes of work. Just kidding hehe. In my mind I would think a flat tire is great because it happened for a reason. There is a reason I am not meant to be on the road at that specific moment.

I also 100% believe that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Believing in this has allowed me to make the worst situations wonderful.

For those of you who read my Facebook post about my bag getting stolen it may have been hard to believe how positive I was about it. I even surprise myself sometimes. I'll be honest I really didn't care much. It did not phase me. Bag got stolen, am I still alive? YES, am I still healthy? YES! That's enough to be thankful for.

I encourage and challenge everyone to find the good and the positive in every situation. I promise you it will NOT be easy. The only two things in life that are easy are negativity and laziness. I promise it will not be easy but I also promise that your life will change for the better!

This is just a little intro for now. Next Monday I will be doing another post on positivity. This will go a little deeper on how to create positive energy.



Follow my board on Pinterest "creating my own happiness"
http://pinterest.com/leaannpiccoli/creating-my-own-happiness/ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...