Ads 468x60px

Thursday, February 28, 2013

How to eliminate toxins in your beauty routine

Post number #3- How to eliminate toxins from your beauty routine!

Now that you have an understanding of how harmful toxic chemicals in beauty products are, I am excited to start you on your journey of eliminating them!

First I want everyone to know that this is a process. This isn't something that can happen overnight. It can if you chose to make it happen fast, but if you take a little while that's totally fine. There is no time limit. Consider just reading this post a win.

So here are some steps you can follow:

Step 1- Educate yourself. If you read yesterdays post, you're educated. So you can check this step off. If you haven't gotten around to it yet click here

Step 2- Check your products to see which ones contain the toxins I talked about. Even if it's just one of the toxins, I wouldn't use it anymore.

Step 3- Make a list of everything that needs to be replaced. Here is my list and one you can use as well:

Shampoo
Conditioner
Toothpaste
Mouthwash
Body wash
Soap
Hand Soap
Body Exfoliate
Shave gel
Face wash
Face exfoliate
Body lotion
Deodorant
Face Serum
Face Lotion
Eye lotion
Eye primer
Face primer
Foundation
Mascara
Eye liner(s)
Blush
Bronzer
Self tanner
*notice I don't have eyeshadow on here yet- that's something I'm still researching and something I can't replace right away, I have so many!!*

By the way, don't be intimidated by this list, it may look long but remember it's one step at a time. Also this list is based off of my needs, adjust it for your own and start with one, or a few at a time.

Step 4- Separate your products into 2 categories. Exchangeable and almost finished. In the exchangeable category you want to put products that you know can be exchange at stores for better options right away. 

To be honest, I have no shame in returning products even if I used them. If companies are going to sell me products that don't serve my body well I believe I have the right to return them. I recently returned a lot of products to replace them with better options, some were even half used but the fact of the matter is now that I found out how toxic those products were, I couldn't bare to use them for another day!

Most stores take anything back for store credit- SEPHORA, food stores, Harmon's Beauty. Those are my go to stores when I need to do some 'return shopping.'

And that is how you replace all of your products with better options for little or NO cost!

If you have any questions or need help with this comment below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...